I want my 1 hour and 50mins back!!!!


In 1951, a sci-fi hallmark (and wry commentary on the political climate of the 1950s), The Day the Earth Stood Still is less concerned with special effects than with its potent message. A humanoid messenger (Michael Rennie) from another world lands in Washington, D.C., with a warning to Earth's people to cease their violent behavior. But panic erupts when Rennie is shot by a nervous soldier and his robot companion, Gort, begins to destroy the capital.

Now in 2008 with the latest and greatest Hollywood brains, special effects and technology, Renowned scientist Dr. Helen Benson finds herself face to face with an alien called Klaatu, who travels across the universe to warn of an impending global crisis. She and her estranged stepson Jacob quickly discover the deadly ramifications of Klaatu's claim that he is a friend to the Earth.Now Helen must find a way to convince the entity who was sent to destroy us that mankind is worth saving--but it may be too late. But I fear it is already too late for me...

Gosh 1 hour and 50 mins of Keanu Reeves acting is as the title of the movie suggested :"the day earth stood still"..for me it was like the night the moment stood still!!is not the moment stood still like it was breathlessly great but it was more like breathlessly "when will this movie end and can i get a refund for the movie tickets and my life back"

Ok..so they got a good idea, great special effect but where's the plot?I mean yes, alien landed in New York Central Park, and requested to speak to the world leaders about the impending doom great idea but trick is how to pull it together and make it a hell of a movie. The beginning was ok for me personally(even I did question myself why was the character Keanu Reeves playing was there to touch the Alien sphere thingy or why he's even there in the 1st place and doing what)but at the middle and the end of the movie I do feel like the director has loss his sense of direction and was trying to mash up the scenes to end the movie as fast as he could.

I guess Keanu Reeves plays an alien who doesn't talk much and shows no emotion. I really think he has found his perfect role.

For me personally, I would recommend you to watch the original, classic version of the 1951 version of The Day earth stood still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CIA Special Activities Division (SAD)

Bushmaster Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR)